Friday, November 19, 2010

Solid gold suprise

Here's a surprise (as far as I'm concerned); Goldeneye 007 Wii is freaking awesome. When I first heard about this one I was, like many others, ready to dismiss it. The game takes the undisputed N64 classic, Goldeneye, and 'reinterprets' it with Danial Craig's version of Bond as the lead. This sounded absolutely stupid to me. Taking a game based on a movie starring Pierce Brosnan, 'modernizing' it and changing the player character to Craig? On paper it sounds like a wierd idea to say the least. But somehow Eurocom has pulled it off. It controls great (even with wiimote and nunchuck) and the 'reinterpretation' is done very well. The basic story structure is the same but the levels are a little longer and more complex and the story is tweaked to give it a tone more akin the the recent Daniel Craig Bond films. This is the best shooter on the Wii. I'm about two thirds of the way through the story and when I finish that off I think I might even give online multiplayer a go. Finally a serious Wii game that is seriously good.

No comments:

Post a Comment